Craigslist...Redneck firewood ad??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbrown

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2008
SE, Michigan
I sure hope this is just a joke; otherwise we really have a problem with the education system here in Michigan...
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/zip/2560632172.html

Here's the ad just in case it's removed...
I has downed big trees that are good to be cut for frea fairewood.
You all cut and load and it's yers for free!

I also has sum trees that I need cut that will also be grate firewood for nex winter or real goodly lumbre. all them trees are ash,oak,mapul,apsen,popular,chery

most are adult trees,lotsa wood there

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2560632172

I wish I lived a little closer to 'here'!!

ha ha ha ha ha! that's too funny. A C

I dont think its a joke, and 'funny' it is not. I work in a hospital (engineering dept.), and work requests come from the staff (mostly nurses). You would be AMAZED at how few college educated adults can spell the word 'faucet' (fossit, foscit, fawcet,...etc.)!!! Rarely does a work order reach my desk without spelling errors that you would think an average 4th grader could avoid. And I dont mean typos, either. It scares me, really.

They may not be able to spell "faucet", but I'll bet they can spell esophagogastroduodenoscopy

pants on fire said:
They may not be able to spell "faucet", but I'll bet they can spell esophagogastroduodenoscopy

It is 5 in the morning and I wiki esophagogastroduodenoscopy. Free advice. Don't do this.

pants on fire said:

Rule number 1 of hospital survival, if the doctor could not spell it, I wouldn't want them near me with it.........

As for poorly spelt firewood, I'm sure it burns just as well..... ;-)

I have two guesses on why the spelling is as it is, the writer is either a Dyslexic or deaf. My youngest is Dyslexic and many times I have to kick my mind over to phonetics to figure out what she writing. We have numerous deaf people in our church and their grammar is very different because sign language is not in sentences but phrases and spelling means nothing since they use signs.

fv

wood-fan-atic said:
I dont think its a joke, and 'funny' it is not. I work in a hospital (engineering dept.), and work requests come from the staff (mostly nurses). You would be AMAZED at how few college educated adults can spell the word 'faucet' (fossit, foscit, fawcet,...etc.)!!! Rarely does a work order reach my desk without spelling errors that you would think an average 4th grader could avoid. And I dont mean typos, either. It scares me, really.

I have to agree; I too see this all too often. In our company we have a web based system for both the help desk and facilities department; one of our operations directors is copied on them and he never believed the stories we would tell him until he saw it for himself. The sad part of it is that most applications today have a spell check! I also have a family member who is a retired school teacher and can't understand how poorly writing has become; even when there is a learning or medical reason behind it she has noticed those type of people actually have better grammar since they work harder at it.

Oh well, back to the woodpile.....

wood-fan-atic said:

That ain't nothing, I have been in the plants services dept. of our hospital for 26 years. We had a nurse send in a work order to have the water level in the toilet bowls lowered as she had and elderly male patient who kept dropping the family jewels in the cold water. Needless to say that it was given a special place on our bulletin board until she retired whereby we all had it framed and presented to her on her retirement..........................As Bill Envall says,...."Heres your sign"

Rottiman, that had to be really funny presenting that plaque!

Backwoods Savage said:
Rottiman, that had to be really funny presenting that plaque!

It was hilarious, she was a good sport about it. She has been retired for 3 years now and it still is a topic when we see her every now and then.

wood-fan-atic said:

I agree. A friend of mine forwarded me some e-mails from his mortgage broker and they were completely insane. I would have run away from that mortgage broker, not tried to get a mortgage from her. I truly believe that the Craigslist ad is real. Too bad I don't live in Michigan because I would have loved to get all that free wood.

rottiman said:
wood-fan-atic said:

That ain't nothing, I have been in the plants services dept. of our hospital for 26 years. We had a nurse send in a work order to have the water level in the toilet bowls lowered as she had and elderly male patient who kept dropping the family jewels in the cold water. Needless to say that it was given a special place on our bulletin board until she retired whereby we all had it framed and presented to her on her retirement..........................As Bill Envall says,...."Heres your sign"[/

We keep a "Hall of Shame" folder, and put only THE most ridiculous and insane requests in there. We usually break it out once a year for a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.