Craigslist score!!! And wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sweeeeeet !!

Well the guys came by and dropped off another 5 loads of massive rounds!!! I'm running out of room to put this stuff until I get it split and stacked! I told the guy I can't take much more so he said he'd only bring good hard stuff next time. Said they get some black locust and oak so he'll drop some next time! This stuff looks to all be a soft maple, maybe black? I should be set for shoulder season wood for 3-4 years now!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: Shane N and zap
Can we clarify "cords"?
That doesn't look like it would c/s/s out to a row 96' long x 5' high x 16", or any variation to equal 5 cord.
Remember, a cord is 4 x 4 x 8'. Am I missing something?
Almost forgot, great score, no matter how much is there.:cool: You have a nice "in" with these guys.
I don't see a "you suck" smiley.;)

Reactions: Trilifter7
Can we clarify "cords"?
That doesn't look like it would c/s/s out to a row 96' long x 5' high x 16", or any variation to equal 5 cord.
Remember, a cord is 4 x 4 x 8'. Am I missing something?
Almost forgot, great score, no matter how much is there.:cool: You have a nice "in" with these guys.
I don't see a "you suck" smiley.;)

I said 5 loads, not cords. I'd say there is at least a couple cords there but definitely not 5 cords.

I also had already moved about 7 or 8 rounds to the back that are not in the pic. I have to split this stuff into quarters just to move it. Most of it it 2-3' round!! It's big stuff!!

gee zus. i cant even get a score i have to WORK for and your getting loads of rounds dropped off while your not even home. lucky bastahd!

Status
Not open for further replies.