Craigslist Score - Jotul 404

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I have been keeping an eye out for a 404 wood cook stove for a few years. They were sold for many years in Europe, but only made it to the US pre millennium. They are a great stove for a camp for décor or a modern house as they are a lot smaller than a standard cookstove and don't throw off as much heat as a standard cook stove. The stove is set up for wood and supposedly coal.

I haven't decided where to install it yet.

The one I picked up is in very good condition. The porcelain is just about perfect except for two chips and the griddles and chrome bar are mint. in general it looks like the stove was used very little.

They pop up every so often but usually in places like Tennessee and Pennsylvania so the logistics of shipping make it difficult. This one popped up a few days ago on Craigslist and it was 2 hour drive.

I now have to rare Jotuls, a 606 and 404.

No photos yet but plenty of images on the internet.

Reactions: Fsappo
Nice find. That is a cute little cookstove.

Here is a photo. It definitely isn't installed. I will need to buy or build a pad to meet the clearances and order some pipe but for now its just a decoration

NCM_0069.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks cherry, thanks for posting.

I have to know how much you paid for that treasure. Also, any pics of the insides? Open some doors, maybe? That is a super great find.

Status
Not open for further replies.