craigslist search idea

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgcsalsero

Feeling the Heat
Mar 15, 2006
ClevelandRocks
One thing I've been doing recently is putting a search string in google beginning with 'craigslist'. For example 'craigslist free firewood'. Well I may not have much luck but some of the postings sure are interesting. The hits are easy to scan for locale because the city is part of the link. Who knows, maybe I'll get a score some day.

You can also search google like this

site:madison.craigslist.org firewood

To only search a specific site. Also, you probably will only find day old or older ads since google is not updated "real time".

I have added the RSS feed from Craigslist for my area and added that to my iGoogle startpage then when anything new comes up with my filter I see it realtime.

You can also do the search as something like

"wood stove" site:craigslist.org

But that domain level search will hit all Craigslist sites, so try to be very specific like "pacific energy wood stove"

Status
Not open for further replies.