Craigslist Winner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr A

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2011
N. California
Isn't black walnut a valuable carving wood? I don't have room for any more wood;sick I was just about to start making some gym rings out of plywood to do pull up exercises, maybe I'll go get a log or two and try making wood rings from them.
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/zip/4080704229.html

FREE Black Walnut Firewood Approximately 20 cords (Yolo)
Black walnut firewood cut into 4'-5' lengths in Yolo. Free you haul approximately 20 cords. Call James (916) ***-****

Reactions: BillLion
Ahhh Yolo county. I miss that place sometimes.

Ahhh Yolo county. I miss that place sometimes.
College? What's funny, YOLO is a hipster term, "You Only Live Once" I never looked it up , I think Yolo was an Native American tribe.

Yeah, UC Davis. and I hear from friends there that those hipsters are stealing the road signs now.

Go Aggies! Where is Lieutenant Pike when you need him?

Reactions: chazcarr
Great score; congrats!

I attempted to post my CL score today, but I put in the wrong section! :oops:

Anyway, here was my CL win today:

A guy cut down a red maple and posted in CL he'd deliver rounds FREE to anyone near the job site. I was super close and here's what he brought today:

It's red maple. Not the sugar maple I got last week, but it was waiting for me at my house for FREE when I got home.

I have a small wood shop. I am on a forum called lumberjocks. I have read that people are paying $7-$9 a board foot for black walnut.

That red maple splits super. Have fun!

Reactions: Woody Stover
Oh man, the walnut in California is such beautiful stuff. Eastern black walnut is nice, but I much prefer the claro walnut you have. Ship me a few slabs, will ya?

Must have come from orchard thinnings and/or storm damage.That Claro is stunning stuff,have a few slabs/chunks of straight grain,slight curl & even some burl bought in mid 90's when it was fairly cheap.Shapes very cleanly,takes a high polish.

Great score; congrats!

I attempted to post my CL score today, but I put in the wrong section! :oops:

Anyway, here was my CL win today:

A guy cut down a red maple and posted in CL he'd deliver rounds FREE to anyone near the job site. I was super close and here's what he brought today:

It's red maple. Not the sugar maple I got last week, but it was waiting for me at my house for FREE when I got home.

Nothing like putting in a hard day of work. :)

Reactions: BillLion
Gotta love it. I need a bigger space!
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/zip/4087304493.html
Free Firewood (Live Oak, Ca)
Just ripped out a prune orchard, the trunks make for great firewood. Need chainsaw to cut. Can leave branches or take. You cut and haul. Have about 20 acres worth so there is plenty of wood. Call
I read Plum makes good barbecue- Prune, plum, same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.