Cranberry time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Fall means cranberry harvest time. This is a great video of the process with a bit of a twist.

Reactions: h2ochild and BrianK
Funny that I was watching that video this morning. It is the first time I've seen how they harvest it.

Yes. Most folks don't know that the cranberries grow on low bushes. They only flood the field for harvesting. Bet no one ever thought of the visuals of wakeboarding here.

Ray lives by some cranberry bogs near Boston. That has to be neat to watch every fall. Maybe we should ask him if he rides the boards? ;lol

Lingonberries (mountain cranberry) around my house. The cranberry that thinks it's a blueberry, small and juicy like a blueberry with cranberry flavor. A handful of each on your cereal in the a.m. and you've got all the anti-oxidant you could want. Actually I think they are grown commercially around the PNW?

Lingonberries are a favorite of the local Scandinavian population. They are tart like a cranberry, but good when sweetened in a jam or sauce. In Sweden and Norway, reindeer and elk steak is traditionally served with gravy and lingonberry sauce, much like our turkey and cranberry sauce.

Aaah, used to roam the crane-berry bogs in the 'woods' around my house as a kid in MA. The wasted ones on the ground would pop under your shoes and stain them.

Status
Not open for further replies.