Crazy Highs and Lows in Temperature

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
Saturday was a beautiful day ... 4C/39F so I took the Elena down for a cleaning as it hitting close to 1500 hours since the last cleaning. Not a huge accumulation inside but more collected in the turbo cap outside. With the more moderate winter, more periods of modulation mode with a slower running exhaust fan.

Glad I did the cleaning as this morning has been colder again - 18C/0F. Those big temperature swings (22C/39F degrees different) drive me crazy...

Yeah, we had a nice weekend down here & I shut down the P61A on Saturday AM,
since her ash pan was pretty full. First cleaning since 23 Jan. Up & running an hour later.
She's set to room temp 70 & it looks like we'll hafta cut into the 2nd pallet of Cleanfire
Softwoods before the week is out. They're talking 8 degrees on Thursday. March comin
in like a lion...

Woke up to 9F this AM with winds howling around 30mph or better. Saturday was 59F. Forecast for almost the same thing only warmer for next Sunday. Got word about burning restrictions being put up.

Kubota out today to clear up the snow ... again. Hubby did the drive yesterday afternoon so now it's my turn!

We maybe had for the whole season 15 inches of snow. None now. If I am not firing Sunday-Monday may get a bike down the road. Just ordered a Dewalt heated jacket for $100 so should be set for whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.