Crazy Northeast Weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm finished. The plug and flare at the driveway entrance and the 3-car turnaround area are much worse than just the 400' driveway. Doing the deck with the little 2 stroke Toro isn't a picnic either cause of prevailing westerlies and the icy snow that falls from the roof.

I helped my buddy out Friday night and shoveled a commercail lot for 10 hours. A little sore right now....Harley, that is an interesting looking peice of equipment! What "holds" the log from moving when the ram extends into it?

Hard Woods said:
Harley, that is an interesting looking peice of equipment! What "holds" the log from moving when the ram extends into it?

Actually, like most splitters.... nothing but your hand. It is pretty fast, so you do have to be careful. Once you get used to it, you can make quick work out of a pretty big pile of wood.

Hard Woods - 18 March 2007 01:15 PM
Harley, that is an interesting looking peice of equipment! What “holds” the log from moving when the ram extends into it?

Actually, like most splitters.... nothing but your hand. It is pretty fast, so you do have to be careful. Once you get used to it, you can make quick work out of a pretty big pile of wood

Harley...YOU SUCK! (just kidding...I'm envious) thats a nice splitter (I used one that belongs to a friend)...best splitter ever made...FAST(makes up for the time spent drinking beer).

Your friends are lucky that you 'bring it over'. I can imagine the 'snickers' "That little thing is gonna do what?" I kinda thought the same thing when I first saw one...Now I'm spoiled (and looking for one myself). They are pricey...but well worth it! Smart investment on your part.

Out of curiousity? How many cords of wood do you split per year with yours? (#for yourself...#for friends)

keyman512us said:
Out of curiousity? How many cords of wood do you split per year with yours? (#for yourself...#for friends)

It varies a lot from year to year... I generally split 5-6/year for myself, but some years I know I've done over 20.

Well Harley...you definately have the right splitter for the job...that would be the splitter of my choice.

Now you have to come over and help me split! Sounds like a sweet machine!

was innew york last tuesday and it was almost 70 , and they still had 8 inches of snow on the ground, was crazy, i get back thursday and find out they were getting blasted over the ensuing weekend, just glad the weather was good for my trip, i hate driving in that stuff

Hard Woods said:
Now you have to come over and help me split! Sounds like a sweet machine!

Not a problem, HW. It may be a few weeks before I can get the trailer out of the snow. When do you think you'll have the log pile ready for splitting?

Probably a few weeks as well. Waiting for the 10 inches of ice and snow to melt off of the log pile! Yhanks Harley. Going to scrounge some more pallets this weekend....

Status
Not open for further replies.