Crazy pellet stove venting.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when to install a gas stove this Fall
seen this install and told the NEW homeowner this was wrong.
he said to install the gas stove and he will call us after winter is over to fix the pipe for the pellet stove.

He called last week and said the stove had a fire and blew soot all over in the house

GEE I WOUNDER WHY?
here is a teaser on just one problem with this install
http://www.hearthtools.com/install/badinstalls/downhill.jpg
see the rest of the photos here
http://www.hearthtools.com/install/badinstalls/crazypiperun.htm

yes carpet under stove

That is some kind of bands over the pipe
the pipe I thing is Amerivent pellet vent.
See the other photos on the link

We dont know who installed it
the homeowner bought the house the stove was in it
the Owners manaul had hand written the invoice # and Fireplace Plus, Clovis Califoria
with a install date
but it did not say they installed it just an install date

what in the hell.... were they seeing how much pipe they could use on one job? Couldn't it just go straight up from that porch and out the roof there? Keeping the offset to miss the dormer of course.

BWAHHHHHHHHHH :lol:
Looks like the same guy installed it that cut the outlet into that wall and looks crooked...
I like the thimble behind the stove not flush against the wall because of the mop board.......Lazy POS........
Maybe he was trying to save time because of how much pipe he had to run :)

As far as the stove....... It looks like the Accentra FS which believe it or not ..........CAN be installed on carpet with the use of the special base..... Which looks like an integral part of the stove........I can't tell if it is installed or not though...........
Here is what it looks like with the base
http://www.harmanstoves.com/features.asp?id=12

LOL , quite amusing. Maybe when the original owner bought the stove there was a discount on pipe if you bought more then 50', and heck didn't want to waste any of that 50... :)

A set for the blooper photo album...

GVA said:
Looks like the same guy installed it that cut the outlet into that wall and looks crooked...
I like the thimble behind the stove not flush against the wall because of the mop board.......Lazy POS........

As far as the stove....... It looks like the Accentra FS which believe it or not ..........CAN be installed on carpet with the use of the special base..... Which looks like an integral part of the stove........I can't tell if it is installed or not though...........
the stove had the base but was not put on correctly
but I may be wrong but Pellet pipe when run Horizontal can not be install over carpet

hearthtools said:
GVA said:

the stove had the base but was not put on correctly
but I may be wrong but Pellet pipe when run Horizontal can not be install over carpet
I have no idea...... but wouldn't this fall under the clearance to combustibles clause? As per the pipe manufacturer...

GEEZ!!!!! bet the guy who sold the pipe had a smile , <sigh> ive seen em too. amazing how dumb some folks can be , not the customer , he isnt the expert, probably blamed the stove until rod explained the real issue at fault here , a perfect example on how NOT to install a pellet vent. hope you werent too tough on em rod i gather they werent the ones who had it installed.

stoveguy2esw said:
GEEZ!!!!! bet the guy who sold the pipe had a smile , <sigh> ive seen em too. amazing how dumb some folks can be , not the customer , he isnt the expert, probably blamed the stove until rod explained the real issue at fault here , a perfect example on how NOT to install a pellet vent. hope you werent too tough on em rod i gather they werent the ones who had it installed.
Mike you did not read the post young man.

went to install a gas stove this Fall
seen this install and told the NEW homeowner this was wrong.
he said to install the gas stove and he will call us after winter is over to fix the pipe for the pellet stove.

He called last week and said the stove had a fire and blew soot all over in the house

We dont know who installed it
the homeowner bought the house the stove was in it
the Owners manaul had hand written the invoice # and Fireplace Plus, Clovis Califoria
with a install date
but it did not say they installed it just an install date

Status
Not open for further replies.