Crazy south weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
80 degrees today and 29 tonight and under a winter weather advisory tomorrow lol. My stacks are dwindling but I think I'm gonna make it.

That is quite a swing in temps, but nothing compared to the folks in the north east.

Reactions: xman23
Yep, waiting on another 8" or so.I wonder if Alaskachusettes is getting any more from this one. Really tough up there this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: D8Chumley
Another six inches today and record cold predicted tonight. Warming trend next week; should be in the 40s.

Going to NOLA in a few weeks. Can't wait!

10" snow here Thursday and single digits yesterday, but it warmed up nicely into the afternoon. Funny that high 20's feels warm, but it was sunny and no wind. Supposed to get into the 50s here next week so the snow will go, but the job is going to be a muddy mess until the snow is gone and the frost is out of the ground. I'm ready, only working 2-3 days a week is getting old, plus I've been sick with the flu for over a week so no wood processing to speak of.

Probably will end up burning around 4 cord, second full season with the Manchester and it has served me well. Now if I could just pipe some of this heat from the stove room back to the BRs...

Last edited:
We're finally coming out of it with day temps up in the 40-60* range and 20-40 at night . Good thing cause I'm at 2 rick left and don't want to get into next seasons wood.

Did you see what happened? The yanks totally took over your "south weather" post. Well, ice finally melted today, here in northern Alabama. Crazy weather indeed.

Reactions: Rebelduckman
Did you see what happened? The yanks totally took over your "south weather" post. Well, ice finally melted today, here in northern Alabama. Crazy weather indeed.
I didn't see anything in the post indicating only people from the South were allowed to respond in the thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.