Crazy weather here in Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadking88

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2011
central Maine
wtf????? almost had to put the air conditioner back in today...lol
hit 44 here in central Maine today....
cant complain except for no snowmobiling.....oh well.......

46 here in S. Maine, my sleds are getting very mad, so I keep riding the 4 wheeler. Oh well, as long as I got something to play with.

Mid 50's here today. The warm weather has wreaked havoc on the Winter Classic events so far. They had to move the game time back for yesterday's alumni game and are doing it for the game tomorrow.

Spent new years eve with 4-other snowmobilers, not much to talk about.
Till someones smart phone told us about this.

There are many exciting ways to celebrate New Year's Eve, but it's unlikely that anybody closed out 2011 as spectacularly as Levi LaVallee and Robbie Maddison, who on a foggy Saturday night set world records by soaring more than 350 feet across San Diego's harbor, side-by-side, aboard a snowmobile and motorcycle. Though both were death-defying stunts worthy of admiration, the night belonged to LaVallee, 29, whose 412-foot snowmobile jump shattered the record he set last year by 51 feet

My excitement last weekend we had a cold day started the sled in the trailer with doors open.
It looked like it was on fire with the 2-stroke smoke bellowing out.
What a great smell!!! Its an aquired smell.
Another couple of weeks of this i,ll be on the fence if i register it?

i have not registered yet either, but true nothing like the smell of 2 stroke in the morning. but i have switch to ipone oil and it smells better. that's the strawberry

pray for snow!

i'm from oregon almost all my life.
this frickin' ice b.s. certainly reminds me of home.

get cold and stay cold already.
and all frozen precipitation not called snow, GET OFF MY LAWN! (or driveway, rather)

42 here in MIllinocket, Maine...went fishing with my buddies at Smith Pond all day...we got 11 brook trout...sat in lawn chairs all day had a sweater on...drank a couple of beers...Oh...we had a nice wood fire going also..couldn't get any better..Got home and cleaned the pellet stove...now it's time for the Gaints to kick some butt!!!. Next week I'm driving out of the driveway with the ATV and headed to the lake..we have about 7" of ice on the big lakes..no snow...love it..

bigruckus said:
42 here in MIllinocket, Maine...went fishing with my buddies at Smith Pond all day...we got 11 brook trout...sat in lawn chairs all day had a sweater on...drank a couple of beers...Oh...we had a nice wood fire going also..couldn't get any better..Got home and cleaned the pellet stove...now it's time for the Gaints to kick some butt!!!. Next week I'm driving out of the driveway with the ATV and headed to the lake..we have about 7" of ice on the big lakes..no snow...love it..

There are a few smaller lakes and ponds frozen enough down my way but not enough ice for me to get out there. Hopefully with the cold temps this week I will get out next weekend. Can't wait!

we did our preseason on on our sleds here yesterday...
drank some beers did the work in the barn then took the sleds across the yard...4 sleds...
staved up the yard with the picks..lol.. mama was pissed...lmao.......

Can't say I like any part of ice, except for the ice in my coffee and tea. Fell on it once an broke my foot. Then fell and cracked my head. Then fell and put my back and hip out. Once went a whole week without power, that meant no water, toilets etc.(five adult females here at the time). Fallen trees were a real hassle to remove. Once was in a big icy car pile up that took me to the hospital I have grippers for the shoes, bucket of sand and ice melt by the door. Nope, can't say I enjoy ice at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.