1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Create a "Hall of Flame" section

Post in 'New Forum Hints and your Questions & Suggestions!' started by raybonz, Nov 2, 2012.

?

Should Hearth.com create a "Hall of Flame" for extraordinary posts across all sections?

1. Yes, that's a great idea!

90.0%
  2. No, that's a lame idea!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe but I am on the fence with this idea but I have another idea instead.

10.0%
  1. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    What about a new "room" that would contain outstanding threads? I can't get my head around how you would otherwise categorize or assemble any singular post without a complete hodgepodge. It could simple be links to the original threads as to not generate additional data/storage. The room could contain links from any of the other rooms. Kind of a "best of the best"
    raybonz likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Since we are dealing with data, having a way to find them easily with a link is somewhat the same as a room.

I'm going to give a try to something like this - have a marker for threads (not posts!) which are very superior, but only two possible levels - 4 star or 5 star. They will be findable within each forum and globally. Also, even when scanning forums folks will see the stars.
  3. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    37,000 threads in the Hearth Room alone. Is somebody going to go back through them to find the good ones? Should probably be a younger member...this could take some time.
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    It doesn't matter whether it takes years to do it....that is, as we go along. I won't care about getting it "finished". I think maybe we can bless a dozen regular to do it, and also have anyone else suggest (by reporting) threads.

It may just be another way of recognizing top content - sorta like the links in the stickies, etc.
  5. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Now might be a good time to ask the boss for a pay raise Rick! ;)
  6. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Pay raise, hmm. If he gave me one at all, it would be ∞ %. ;lol
    firefighterjake likes this.
  7. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    I don't really see a need to go retro unless something completely stands out in your mind (or others). Maybe put it out to the masses if they have any distinctly Helpful/interesting/etc. threads that should be enshrined for all times.

(but Rick, you get to use that awesome Corp. jet)
  8. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    And there is the grotto and the mansion with all of those parties . . . oh wait a minute . . . Craig doesn't have a grotto, mansion or parties does he? ;)

Guess you'll have to settle for the Hearth.com ball cap.