Create a "Hall of Flame" section

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Should Hearth.com create a "Hall of Flame" for extraordinary posts across all sections?

• No, that's a lame idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a new "room" that would contain outstanding threads? I can't get my head around how you would otherwise categorize or assemble any singular post without a complete hodgepodge. It could simple be links to the original threads as to not generate additional data/storage. The room could contain links from any of the other rooms. Kind of a "best of the best"

Reactions: raybonz
Since we are dealing with data, having a way to find them easily with a link is somewhat the same as a room.

I'm going to give a try to something like this - have a marker for threads (not posts!) which are very superior, but only two possible levels - 4 star or 5 star. They will be findable within each forum and globally. Also, even when scanning forums folks will see the stars.

37,000 threads in the Hearth Room alone. Is somebody going to go back through them to find the good ones? Should probably be a younger member...this could take some time.

It doesn't matter whether it takes years to do it....that is, as we go along. I won't care about getting it "finished". I think maybe we can bless a dozen regular to do it, and also have anyone else suggest (by reporting) threads.

It may just be another way of recognizing top content - sorta like the links in the stickies, etc.

37,000 threads in the Hearth Room alone. Is somebody going to go back through them to find the good ones? Should probably be a younger member...this could take some time.

Now might be a good time to ask the boss for a pay raise Rick! ;)

Pay raise, hmm. If he gave me one at all, it would be ∞ %. ;lol

Reactions: firefighterjake
I don't really see a need to go retro unless something completely stands out in your mind (or others). Maybe put it out to the masses if they have any distinctly Helpful/interesting/etc. threads that should be enshrined for all times.

(but Rick, you get to use that awesome Corp. jet)

And there is the grotto and the mansion with all of those parties . . . oh wait a minute . . . Craig doesn't have a grotto, mansion or parties does he? ;)

Guess you'll have to settle for the Hearth.com ball cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.