Creosote Incident Photos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlow

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2009
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Here are the pictures of my chimney taken 20 minutes ago after the goo came out. You can see there is no build up that would cause a fire. The adapter shows where the goo came out of. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• DSC03888.jpg
    DSC03888.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 457
  • DSC03891.jpg
    DSC03891.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 450
  • DSC03889.jpg
    DSC03889.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 463
LOL you're fine dude. Just run it up hot for 15-20m/day and you'll be fine. If you have a flue probe thermometer, keep it in the safe range, not underfiring it.

I recall cautioning you w/ the damper not to overfire the stove - the damper preserves the heat inside the stove. well duh - it's offset by reducing heat in the flue, of course. i shoulda thought of that. i'd put a probe thermometer anot 14" above your damper control lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.