creosote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitey1957

Jul 5, 2008
southeast ct
comcast
how do i get rid of liquid creosote from my tarm 40 wood boiler?it drips out my flu pipe even when the water is at 170 degrees.it says to keep the pipe at 600 degrees but when the water temp reaches 170 the draft fan shuts off therefore lowering the flu pipe.

whitey1957 said:
how do i get rid of liquid creosote from my tarm 40 wood boiler?it drips out my flu pipe even when the water is at 170 degrees.it says to keep the pipe at 600 degrees but when the water temp reaches 170 the draft fan shuts off therefore lowering the flu pipe.

What's the moisture content of your wood? You shouldn't see any condensation in your flue, even at 300 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.