Creosote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

digger104

Sep 6, 2008
Central Pa.
I started my tassco boiler up this afternoon and after burning only about 6 hrs I seam to have a lot of creosote, The wood I'm burning is pretty dry and is cherry and maple. I,m only running the boiler at 170 to 180 trying to get the wood boiler and the oil boiler in sink., but I'm concerned about this creosote, do you think that I have to raise the boiler temp. This boiler for the smoke to vent has to come back down by the fire and then goes out chambers built in the sides of the boiler. I think this keep the stack temp lower, also if I raise the temp of coarse I will use more wood and today it was plenty hot is the shop. Thanks for any reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.