Cricket pics?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2007
I was reading another thread and someone suggested installing a cricket on their exterior chimney pipe flashing. Just wondering why and if there were any pics of them. I have 8/12 pitch and pipe is close to eve because of it being on a corner hearth on outside wall. I have 6" selkirk manufactured double class A (called supervent sold here in states).

LOL, make the poor kid go up there and paint it.
That muck around the pipe flashing won't last too long.
The cricket ain't a bad one though. Although, any melted snow/ice will run under and refreeze. could push up on the cricket over time. Might hold well though.

Yeah, that goober job on the vent pipe is embarrassing. Do they make a proper vent boot for metal roofs? Even with a conventional one, why would you be tarring up around the pipe?

It's probably their 2nd or 3rd time on the roof trying to lock down that leak...I'd be gooping it on too. Covering up ceiling leaks is a real pain not only with the preparation and all...can you imaging doing the same thing 2 or 3 times?

Status
Not open for further replies.