1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

crickets in the garage

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by maverick06, Sep 23, 2013.

1. maverick06

maverick06 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    media, pa
    Ugh.

Everytime I open my garage door 2 or 3 camel crickets (cave crickets/spider crickets/satan's minions) rush in. They are under the mower/car/something before you can kill them. They then get through the door into the house.

I will have to re-do the weatherstripping on the door to the house, however I am wondering if there is a better way to keep them from hiding under the garage door?

I thought abut replacing the garage door gasket, however, they only seem to run in when I open the door, so I am not convinced that replacing the gasket would solve anything.

Looking for suggestions...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Ram 1500 with an axe... Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Do your own pest control .com
    Swedishchef likes this.
  3. ddddddden

ddddddden Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Va
    I have 'em in my crawlspace.

Cats love crickets. Yum!==c
  4. Sons924

Sons924 Member

my cat kills anything that moves in the house. cheapest exterminator!
  5. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    Lizards and snakes eat crickets. The more lizards and snakes that you put in your garage, the faster the problem will go away.

Matt
    Firedancer likes this.
  6. maverick06

maverick06 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    media, pa
    ha, i have a cat, he doesnt eat the crickets.... for that matter he stopped eating entirely... off to the vet.... but thats a seperate issue.

Thinking about spraying the edge of the garage door with some poison to help keep them away. Sealing it would be a better option though....
  7. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    I have a cat, like my cat. The cat is not as cheap as buying the appropriate poison. There are some really good ones available on the internet, not at the home depot.