Critique this application

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
I was sent this picture this morning...........

It is of a home near the Canadian boarder (not sure what U.S. State they live in), and the wood stove that is in the home.

It appears to be on a hearth, which is a plus, .........but it seems lacking in a few things. Your thoughts on what you see there that should be upgraded or modified?

-Soupy1957

Attachments

• Wood Stove Application.jpg
    Wood Stove Application.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 274
Nice hearth. Everything else looks dangerous...
Combustibles are WAY too close, like the kindling box on the right.
Can't tell how close the connector is to the wall, but if it's
single wall, it looks like it's too close.
Can't see if there's a heat shield on the back,
so the rear CTC may or may not be met.
I'm amazed the paint hasn't bubbled on the walls...

Yeah - no wall protecttion , and not enough clearance. :-S

That CTC (clearance to combustibles) is a worry. If your stove says 18" from combustibles that includes everything(!) including stashed firewood......

Shari

I would reupholster the couch.

I'd move the gas lanterns further from the dart board, lol. I wonder if the candles melted sitting on those sconces right behind the stove? Flower bouquet in the beer mug = nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.