Cruising temperature

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

setitonfire

Oct 24, 2013
Topsham, Maine
I've read that a lot of folks seem to cruise 500 - 600. When I fill the firebox my stove cruises at 650 -700 then I start to notice a quick drop off. Is that to hot a temp?

700 won't hurt a Summit. But if you are measuring on the face of that insert then the actual stove top temps are 100-150 degrees higher than what you see on the front. The airwash cools the front of the firebox.

Yep, that's the temp on the face of the insert. Think I'll turn the fan on sooner after a reload to keep the temp a little lower.

Thanks.

I see 600-700 degrees quite frequently on my Hampton stovetop temps.

So when should I really be concerned about overfire? When the insert face is over 800 for an extended period?

I have the PE Super and keep the face below 750 with the blower running meaning the top will be about the same temp to slightly cooler. When it starts going above that I turn up the blower which so far always stabilized things.

Status
Not open for further replies.