CS-200 CAT - stovecombustors ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner12

Sep 5, 2008
NY
Based on reviewing topics within the forum, I ordered online a CS200 CAT for a VC Intrepid II - 1990.
Liked the idea of a faster and lower temperature ignite.

Has anyone recentely dealt with this supplier " stovecombustors.com"? I ordered on 8/15 and still have NOT received.

I have sent several emails with no answer and there is no phone number listed. Tried same with the mfg Clearskies!

CC card was charged. Or maybe I'm not patient enough!

Thanks

I ordered one for a Dutchwest on august fifth, not yet delivered. Credit card was charged. I would be intrested in any thing you find out, any contact info that worked.

Called Clear Skies Sales and Marketing about noon today about my combustor order. This nice lady looked up my order and said she did not know why it had not been sent, and said she would send it priorty to arrive in a couple of days. We will see!

YES!! I did the same and same Sales number. Lady was very nice, stated they "lost" a lot of orders form a server glitch back in July.

No answer on why my emails were not retuned or why my order of 8/15 not processed. Stated it would go Priority Mail today.

We will see - BUT I would be hesitent of ordering again.

I didn't have good luck with the Clear Skies combustor. I was lured in by the low price and claim of lower light off temp, but found the combustor tended to clog. Here's my post from another thread....

You may want to reconsider Stove Combustors/Clear Skies. Rather than the boxy honeycomb combuster like your OEM cat, the Clear Skies combuster looks like a very fine coral reef. It is also not as tall as the OEM.
I found their combustor very prone to clogging. I used one of theirs for 3 years. They also were unresponsive to emailed questions.
See this thread for a picture of my partially clogged Stove Combustors cat: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/12447/

Try Applied Ceramics. http://www.appliedceramics.com/default.aspx?id=122
I just ordered a replacement there that’s identical to my original OEM cat. I think the straight airflow through the square openings will make it much less subject to clogging.

I am replaceing my OEM combustor with the clear skies in the hopes of getting a quicker light off. Here on the farm I can't get to my outside work until the stove temps come up to light off. I'm trying to make my stove a little more "user friendly". OEM combustor is in good condition and will be kept as a spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.