Ct wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2010
Southington CT
84 west just before queen at tree cutting today nice open area to park the wife doesn't want me to do it though. Even though it's much safer then my normal work

Also this from CL.

Free Firewood. Many, very large oak trees that will provide many winters of wood. Whatever you cut down, you can keep. My lot is over and acre and has large trees that need to be cut. Offering them up to anyone who could use the wood before I just get rid of them all. Email me for details if you're seriously interested. Thanks.

I've never dropped a tree but I can help cut it when it's down and have access to a dump trailer if some of us want to do a get together there and cut some wood

84 west just before queen at tree cutting today nice open area to park the wife doesn't want me to do it though. Even though it's much safer then my normal work

This is probably less than 1 mile from my house, I can actually hear the chainsaws running. Too bad State and Local police dept. told me on a couple different occasions not to pick up wood on the side of the road. They claimed that the wood is the town property , took down my info and send me home with a warning.

I was told by the state highway department that anything left beyond 10 days is up for grabs.....guess it takes that long for the state / town workers and police to grab what they want first. I know some of these towns have their stash for the workers....this always bothered me....they get paid by the taxpayer to take down the trees, then get to keep the wood.....this wood (IMO), should be available to the public also, same as a tree service taking down a tree....the paying customer has first rights.....rant over

I was told by the state highway department that anything left beyond 10 days is up for grabs.....guess it takes that long for the state / town workers and police to grab what they want first. I know some of these towns have their stash for the workers....this always bothered me....they get paid by the taxpayer to take down the trees, then get to keep the wood.....this wood (IMO), should be available to the public also, same as a tree service taking down a tree....the paying customer has first rights.....rant over

I know a tree service that has some town contracts. They cut them down and bring it back to the shop where they split it. Town workers take whatever they want. If there is any left they sell it. Must be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.