Cub Cadet LTX1045 or Husqvarna YTH21K46

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckstove

Oct 25, 2010
NC
Cub Cadet 20hp kohler Courage 46 inch deck $1700. Husqvarna YTH21k46 21hp kohler 46 inch deck $1359 after some discounts that I can get. Both prices or before taxes. Other info is pretty much identical for the mowers. Anyone here have either one of these mowers?

The Cub Cadet is an MTD product (Troy Built, Yard Machines, etc), while the Husky is built by AYP (Poulan, Weed Eater, etc.) if that makes any difference to you. FWIW, Husqvarana owns AYP, while MTD owns Cub Cadet.

If only one had cast iron blade bearing housings with grease fittings for lubrication I'd go with that one.

No real experience with the exact models, but I was looking at both Huskys and Cub Cadets when I was looking to purchase a lawn mower . . . ended up going with the Cub Cadet since I liked the way it rode, turned and sounded -- just seemed to sound and feel a little more refined than the Husky mower . . . perhaps due to the twin cylinder Kawasaki engine vs. the single cylinder Husky.

That said, while the mower has worked fine in the future I would reconsider the Husky and John Deere line up as well . . . I did have some issues with the front end . . . but this could be more to operator error perhaps than to equipment failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.