Cubex Ash lumpy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Its close to 0 deg. outside and I put my cold weather pellets in the stove Cubex $7.00 a bag.
As they are running they are making a clumpy ash in the burn pot. It kind of looks like what comes out of the back end of a small dog. greyish brown and about 1/2 inch round. The fire is hot, as hot as the Okies and Vermonts. Anyone having this problem with this years Cubex?

yepers, pretty confident I will not buy again

Just an FYI I spoke with the rep from the company who I purchased the stove from and he told me he has had a few trouble calls from stoves clogging the chimney and were using the cubex pellets.....as he stated the 'high quality' pellets. Not buying those again thats for sure!

When my stove was installed last year - we got 2 tons of cubex, and they were the same way - that's why I stopped burning them and moved to softwoods. In my Harman, they ash would clump and push out the sides of the burnpot looking exactly like you described.

Wow that's really sad to hear, my batch last year was awful. They seem to have gone down hill. Good thing there are lots of different pellets to pick from.

And I was going to buya few bags to test, won't now

Was getting the same from Barefoots. I wasn't impressed.

another with cubex's problem but i think my stash hideout has a humidity problem this year. my last year's comfort's have also taken some humidity, so put two & two together and we have condensation in the hopper, :mad: the long turd on side of burnpot syndrome exists here too!

Cubex use to give me that nice salt pepper gritty oak ash, my last 2011 yields a jet black fuzzy ash....

I'm over cubex, my hot new honey pellet is hamer

Status
Not open for further replies.