Cubex or Vermont..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBiBBs5

Sep 8, 2011
Rhode Island
I've found that the local pellet pricing is a bit higher this year but did manage to find a couple of decent deals on super premium pellets. Let me know your opinions on the following options:

2 ton cubex, 1 ton LG for $870
or
3 ton Vermont for $870

These prices include delivery and drop in my garage. I could also substitute the LG for another ton of Cubex for $10 more. Last year I had some stove chow as a shoulder pellet but this year the only cheap options I have seen is Inferno and Nations choice for $209 per. Maine Woods for $245. Those prices don't include delivery and aren't nearly the quality of the super premiums so they just don't seem worth it.

Thoughts please...

Have you tried any of these pellets in the past? I've only heard good things about the three pellets you're talking about but personally I like a variety in my stash so having two kinds is always more fun.

I went with 2 tons of Cubex and 1 ton of LG. I found that you can't go wrong with the heat that Cubex throws out. I also find that hardwood pellets last a bit longer. IMO

I agree it is more fun to have options.

I went with 2 tons of Cubex and 1 ton of LG. I found that you can't go wrong with the heat that Cubex throws out. I also find that hardwood pellets last a bit longer. IMO

I agree it is more fun to have options.

I'm assuming you ordered that combo from Eastern Ice?

Where did you get the Okies? I'd really like some of those.

I'm assuming you ordered that combo from Eastern Ice?

Where did you get the Okies? I'd really like some of those.

Yes, I get my pellets from the good people over at Eastern Ice.

Pellets R Us in Berkley

I loved the Vermont pellets. I can't find the damn things anywhere now though. :(

Not sure what part of N Mass you are located in but I picked up a ton of Vermonts last Saturday at Fallons Home and Hearth in Hampton, NH for $279 / ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.