Cubex Pellets? Any Good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cubex are generally regarded as a premium high heat, low ash pellet so that price is average for this time of year. I personally had problems burning them in my stove but many folks love them. As usual, the correct answer is to try a few bags before buying bulk.

Good pellet, but i don't think they warrant the price tag.

very good pellet for me. I'm not sure I would spend that much if I had other choices.

Dude, those prices seem kinda high. Where are you and where are you looking?

Well let's see now from a pure burning perspective Cubex wins hands down over the rest of the ones you have for choices.

Likely any of them win over Geneva but you aren't specifying which Geneva product.

I was ok with Cubex (my first 2 tons), but I found I like softwoods over hardwoods - (higher heat, better burn)

I am burning Cubex right now because I couldn't get Okies when I was ready to buy. I've been very happy with them, they burn hot with very little ash. They are the best hardwood pellet (by far) that I have burned in my stove. As others have said, buy a few bags and try them for yourself.

I was switching pellets every year, I have tried over 20 different brands, but last year I purchased cubex & I will never burn another pellet. The heat output is incredible & I have never seen a pellet with such low ash. I paid $245 per ton this summer for 3 tons, & they are currently selling for $255. My dealer also has genevas for $230 a ton.

WOW that is a very good price for Cubex up here they are going for $299 a ton. I burned them a couple of years ago and liked them but found the PWI for $259 on sale so switched as I have a hard time paying $299 for any pellet. As always try a few bags before pulling the complete ton everyone's stove is different.

Burning the MWP softies now. The ash is not bad at all. The heat output is good not as good as say a Cubex or PWI, or the other high end pellets. Last week when it turned real cold they did ok but I would not burn them if the high for the day for was say in 20's to 30 and the low at night was in the teens or single digits for an extended period. I am thinking they are a good middle shoulder pellet, for mid November to mid December before the cold the comes in for a long winters stay and then again in late March through mid April when you get some warm days mixed in. But this is just my house and my stove, as always try a few as you may have a different outcome with your stove, set up and house.

Burning the MWP softies now. The ash is not bad at all. The heat output is good not as good as say a Cubex or PWI, or the other high end pellets. Last week when it turned real cold they did ok but I would not burn them if the high for the day for was say in 20's to 30 and the low at night was in the teens or single digits for an extended period. I am thinking they are a good middle shoulder pellet, for mid November to mid December before the cold the comes in for a long winters stay and then again in late March through mid April when you get some warm days mixed in. But this is just my house and my stove, as always try a few as you may have a different outcome with your stove, set up and house.

I had no trouble with the cold spell burning MWP blend. Based on what I've heard, the softies are better. I don't anticipate any problems with them no matter how cold it gets.

I have been using them and have found them ok but a few bags ago they seemed to have more ash than before ..Bad Bag ? note this happened as it got colder !I was told these are high BTUs but have not been able to find their rating anywhere !

I am burning Cubex right now because I couldn't get Okies when I was ready to buy. I've been very happy with them, they burn hot with very little ash. They are the best hardwood pellet (by far) that I have burned in my stove. As others have said, buy a few bags and try them for yourself.

Have you tried Hamers?

Burned a few bags of Northern(cubex) it was cold last week and loved the heat. A very noticeable difference from the Lg Super premium. Even the wife noticed the heat and she didn't know I switched over. Btu ratings for the cubex are hard to find. I've seen 9000+ on most websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.