Cubex pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% Oak, Very clean and darn hot!

One of the better hardwood pellets out there. 9000 BTU's. They have been kind of hard to find lately.

jay

jtakeman said:
100% Oak, Very clean and darn hot!

One of the better hardwood pellets out there. 9000 BTU's. They have been kind of hard to find lately.

jay
burn time in bristol has em....i think he said 290.00

They will smoke your Ligs!

See if they will sell you a few bags. While you are there Pick up a few bags of the Spruce Pointes and I just learned about the Sure Fires. Both Very Hot softwood Pellets. around 8700 BTU's.

I promise you will like them all.

jay

jtakeman said:

See if they will sell you a few bags. While you are there Pick up a few bags of the Spruce Pointes and I just learned about the Sure Fires. Both Very Hot softwood Pellets. around 8700 BTU's.

jay
are the cubex hardwood?

HEMI_1500 said:
jtakeman said:

jay
are the cubex hardwood?, also i was always told to use hardwood....is that one of those newbie guidelines?

Where are you finding Cubex? I haven't seen any for the last 3 years. Best pellets I ever used.

Hemi, Cubex are hardwood.

Spruce Pointe and Shurefire are softwood.

I will not steer you wrong! Please try all 3 brands. The person that told you to use hardwood, Probably has never tried a very good softwood pellet. They are thinking old school. Like the woodstove boys.

Please trust me, Try them.

jay

jtakeman said:

I will not steer you wrong! Please try all 3 brands. The person that told you to use hardwood, Probably has never tried a very good softwood pellet. They are thinking old school. Like the woodstove boys.

jay
you got it jay, gonna take a ride in the morning and get em...thx

HEMI_1500 said:
jtakeman said:

jay

Get a good thermometer and do some temp comparisons. The back of your hand is close. But I will bet all 3 brands put very close numbers. Check against the ligs too!

If you fellas wanna take a drive to ME. we got'em... at 300/ton! between the cost of the pellets and the gas to get here, may not be very economicall for you, but your stove will sure burn clean!

Great pellets, best I've burned so far, but pricey.

HEMI_1500 said:
jtakeman said:

jay

hey hemi, stop by in Naugy and give me a ride.....lol

When you go to BT in bristol you'll feel like a little boy in a candy store.....so many to choose...!!!!

geek said:
HEMI_1500 said:
jtakeman said:

jay

hey hemi, stop by in Naugy and give me a ride.....lol

When you go to BT in bristol you'll feel like a little boy in a candy store.....so many to choose...!!!!

Hemi,

Pick me up on the way by, Forget Geek. He will buy up all the good ones and leave us with zippo!(jk)

I goofed on one brand its Purefire not Shurefire. Must be getting old and forgetful these days.

jay

nah.....you and mac have all the pellets, I only have 3 tons in the cellar, just thinking of "maybe" getting an additional ton, and you know what I'm really considering the fireside ultras from home cheapo......not decided yet though.... :)

Get a good thermometer and do some temp comparisons. The back of your hand is close. But I will bet all 3 brands put very close numbers. Check against the ligs too![/quote]

Where would you take the temp from? stove top/exhaust?

geek said:
nah.....you and mac have all the pellets, I only have 3 tons in the cellar, just thinking of "maybe" getting an additional ton, and you know what I'm really considering the fireside ultras from home cheapo......not decided yet though.... :)
so i take it you had good results like i did with the firesides?

Werm said:
Where would you take the temp from? stove top/exhaust?

From the stove heat exchanger. Let the stove warm up for at least an hour. Check temps every half an hour or so.

HEMI_1500 said:
geek said:

no, it wasn't cool enough last time and wont be today, maybe tonight, let's see.

geek said:
HEMI_1500 said:
geek said:

no, it wasn't cool enough last time and wont be today, maybe tonight, let's see.

i just fired it up, still tryin to get these lignets to stay consistantly

Hemi,
Still waiting for you to come get me(JK).

Did you make it over there? (probably still gazing at all them pellets!)

Cubex are the top pellet made by a company called Lauzon....they are manufacturers of hard wood floors...it is their way of dealing with the waste.
Anyway...they are among the best hottest pellets out there.
Around here...Stove Place in Shrewsbury...

Status
Not open for further replies.