Cubex this year - anybody burned yet or predictions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

midfielder

Feeling the Heat
Dec 17, 2011
NH
I can get Cube's locally for a quite reasonable price. When they're good, it sounds like they're an excellent pellet. I have to drive a lot farther and pay more for Vts (my cold weather go-tos for the last couple years) - which are good, of course. The history here on the forum on Cubex is pretty mixed, and their claims of > 9k btus/lb (even fully dry) probably exaggerated. Has anyone put their hands yet on this year's run or have any predictions - Jay T.? I will be able to buy bags to try. Just curious what folks think.

From what I was told, They fixed the fiber issue(taking it in from the outside) and they should have a better pellet this year. Its hear say and I don't have any to try. Hopefully another member gets some and passes on their experience. But that probably won't be until after we are already burning.

Not sure I'd take the risk unless it was a big price difference?

I have two tons of Cubex in my garage right now. I hope they're good.

I burned a ton of them last year and I thought they were fine.

From what I was told, They fixed the fiber issue(taking it in from the outside) and they should have a better pellet this year. Its hear say and I don't have any to try. Hopefully another member gets some and passes on their experience. But that probably won't be until after we are already burning.

Not sure I'd take the risk unless it was a big price difference?

Well they have them all year so I'll wait until it's cold enough to run the stove and try some - then buy if they're good...

I hope they resolved the heavy ash issue. I'm going to pass this year on purchasing more Cubex. Heavy ash, but excellent heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.