CUMBERLAND GAP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lkral

Apr 4, 2007
HI: I AM GETTING READY TO INSTALL A QUADRAFIRE CUMBERLAND GAP AS A HEARTH MOUNT IN A MASONARY FIREPLACE, THAT HAS AN EXTERNAL CHIMNEY .I NEED TO KNOW IF IT IS BETTER TO INSTALL AS A TOP EXHAUST OR REAR FOR THE BEST PERFORMANCE. THANKS

All wood stoves are better to be installed strait up when possible. If you have the option go off the top. How tall is your chimney? Being an outside chimney it can be tougher to get a draft going.

Most wood stoves have minimum chimney heights. They are normally around 15' give or take.18' is near a standard minimum so I would recommend using the vertical outlet if at all possible in your set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.