Cumberland MF3800 Igniter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babcockwi

Aug 28, 2015
Necedah, WI
I recently purchased a used Cumberland MF3800. Gave it a good cleaning, and installed the stove yesterday. Everything seems to be working good except the igniter does not seem to turn off. The stove lights fine and runs good but the ignition system seems to keep running and the lighting fire message on the controller will not go away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The company is still supporting the stove. Your very close to them. Give them a call tomorrow. Others have had very good luck with their support.

Time is on your side yet as its one nice day and next week is not to bad hopefully. Sounds like the low limit is not sending a signal to the board telling it that it is up to temp but then the board should shut the stove down if the temp is not met. This is just a generalization. I would find those limit switches and see if you can remove and clean them.

First time I installed one of those I'm reading the directions and getting all the parts out of the hopper and it says, "remote control with convenient 10' chord" and I just about wet my pants laughing. Reminded be of my grandmother circa 1982 watching her daytime tv with this big corded remote with a clicking dial on it smokin her butts and watch bob barker

Status
Not open for further replies.