Curran softies this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvmesomesamples

Burning Hunk
Oct 3, 2013
Cambridge NY
Anyone else finding the curran softies burn quite a bit quicker in your harman stove? I love how hot they feel and how little ash left but I have been burning lignetics and just broke into my curran supply and I went through almost a full bag overnight vs about a half bag of ligs set on the same temp. Hmm. Same temp outside as well. This may be a deal breaker for me if this is typical. Thoughts?

I am currently burning Curran softies in my new Harman xxv. I don't have much comparison to make as this is my first Harman and first time burning Curran's. I bought a ton of those and a ton of Vermonts. Waiting for the cold temps to hit for the VT's. I plan on doing some testing too. 1/2 bag difference seems like a lot just for a pellet switch. Is your feed rate the same? Was it on the same setting?

I am having the same thing happen. They are hot but have been going through more than usual. I'm finding about 1.25 + as much (unscientific). They "feel" a little different - maybe a little less dense. Will keep burning them because I got 2 tons at $218 each and couldn't get cheap shoulder pellets at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.