Current Home Heating Oil Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dan Freeman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2021
NE PA
garden.org
Wow! Paid $4.35/gallon today for home heating oil. Until this year, the highest I have paid over the past 27 years was $3.20/gallon and that was last year. So glad I am heating with wood. My furnace only comes on once in the wee hours of the morning before we wake up. Our last propane delivery (for cooking, whole-house generator, auxiliary heater) was $6.00/gallon. It's getting crazy!

Wow! Paid $4.35/gallon today for home heating oil. Until this year, the highest I have paid over the past 27 years was $3.20/gallon and that was last year. So glad I am heating with wood. My furnace only comes on once in the wee hours of the morning before we wake up. Our last propane delivery (for cooking, whole-house generator, auxiliary heater) was $6.00/gallon. It's getting crazy!
Those prices are way above current averages at both national and state levels. I havnt bought oil in a year and havnt checked our area for that but my propane delivery a week and a half ago was $2.99

Btw I only needed 40 gal. It probably would have been cheaper for more

Just think, there is distinct chance that all the heating oil in New England will have to be minimum 15% renewable (biodiesel). It will cost a premium over fossil heating oil.

I know a guy that drives truck for a LP distributor...he mentioned last night that supplies are dwindling and national wholesale LP price are spiking, hard and fast.
Sure glad my heating supplies are well stocked...

My propane supplier prices . I’ve seen it way higher a few ago , over $4 gallon .

D87C5A9C-FB31-4ADB-AF52-F16B9DF2D90A.png

Oil prices in the Boston area are a little lower but not by much

oil.jpg

Here, today. Haven't checked since I filled up in August (still use some for hot water).

Screenshot_20220205-201707~2.png

Years ago before I got my wood boiler. I installed a second tank. I only needed to fill up once a year in the summer when the oil was cheap. I eventually cut my oil usage to less than 275 gallons heating with wood stove and then once the wood boiler with storage was done the only thing the oil is used for is when I am gone for an extended trip in very cold weather.

When I broke my ankle in November, I had several folks telling me I needed to fill up the oil tanks and run oil since my wood stove was in the basement. With some help getting my bulkhead filled a couple of times I managed to avoid using oil which required 4 trips over 2 hours. A PITA but got my up and moving.

I'm seeing these oil prices from my supplier

Delivery Quantity(GAL)​
Price/GAL($)​
25.0 - 49.9​
$4.609​
50.0 - 74.9​
$4.049​
75.0 - 99.9​
$3.859​
100.0 - 149.9​
$3.709​
150.0 - 199.9​
$3.659​
200.0 - 299.9​
$3.609​
300.0 - 399.9​
$3.589​
400.0 - 499.9​
$3.569​
500.0 - 899.9​
$3.549​
900.0 - 2999.9​
$3.539​
IMPORTANT PRICING INFORMATION:1. Your final price per gallon may change if your delivered quantity falls into a higher pricing bracket.
2. Our minimum order quantity is 25.0 gallons.
3. If your delivery is less than 24.9 gallons, you will also incur a minimum delivery fee of $50.00.

I filled the tank @ $2.65 4 weeks ago, which will last until April, atleast (1/2 the house wood stove, accessory apt & lower level on dino juice for heat + hot water for the entire house).

Think I paid $3.89 a gallon for oil in central MA last month when they were out. So glad that I am supplementing with wood this year.

Saw 5.79 a gallon yesterday in Concord, NH, and I was upset when I filled up 2 weeks ago for 3.69.....

• Wow
Reactions: Mt Bob
Oil furnace switch is Off.

Propane furnace is gone here. We got off the fossil fuel merry-go-round in 2006.