Current pellet prices?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ylomnstr

Feeling the Heat
May 28, 2008
Staatsburg, NY
I'm seeing signs all over local dealers saying "pellets in stock". Do you think some dealers have an overstock of pellets and may be looking to sell them at a cheaper price since the heating season is almost over? I'm going to start calling the ones that have the signs out to compare prices. If I can get a couple of tons for cheap, I may just get them and store them for next year.

In this area:
Dry Creek: 289-330/ton
NE Pellet : 279
FreedomFuel II: 299

Not much of a drop as of yet here in CNY

is it possible to store the pellets under the covers they ship with till the next season or should I skip out on a good deal if they have overstocks?

As long as you store them out of direct sunlight, and in a dry place, yes, you can store them just fine.

ylomnstr said:
If I can get a couple of tons for cheap, I may just get them and store them for next year.
If your idea of cheap is the same as mine ($200 or less), I don't think it's going to happen unless you're willing to buy a low grade product. I'll even be very surprised if we see reasonably priced ($225 or less) premium pellets in the coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.