Custom built wood box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wldm09

Mar 16, 2009
Northwoods, WI
Hey, check out my new woodbox. Had it custom built! 20" deep, 40" wide, 18" high. Fits perfect in with the rest of the furniture. Wife loves it!

Attachments

• IMG00011-20091110-0722.jpg
    IMG00011-20091110-0722.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 724
Wow ! That looks great!! Keeps the mess in the box too...Good job!

A happy wife makes the house warmer. Good job.

I see an outlet near that box. If you put a hole in both ends of the box and mount a small fan you can excelerate your dry storage seasoning even further. Align the pieces parrellel with the air waves. Mount a moisture meter in box for pre and post checks and of course post your results.
Bet the wife would love it! Little wood particles flying everywhere!

That's not a woodbox . . . that's a nice bench which just happens to have storage for wood! Beautiful.

Beautiful woodbox. I would be concerned with banging it up with the firewood.
Nice limestone coffee table too.

I think thats the hearth stone, not a coffee table.

Woodsman_WI said:
Hey, check out my new woodbox. Had it custom built! 20" deep, 40" wide, 18" high. Fits perfect in with the rest of the furniture. Wife loves it!

Hey Woodsman,
That looks like a blanket chest. Put it at the end of the bed.
Nice, thought about doing that too, but no top. Too much trouble to keep opening the top in the dead of winter, since I don't YET have a stove that will burn for several hours on a load.

PapaDave said:
Woodsman_WI said:

Hey Woodsman,
That looks like a blanket chest. Put it at the end of the bed.
Nice, thought about doing that too, but no top. Too much trouble to keep opening the top in the dead of winter, since I don't YET have a stove that will burn for several hours on a load.

I would respectfully disagree . . . in the summertime having a top means he can keep the woodbox right there and if the wife wants she can stick blankets, throw pillows or what have you in there for storage . . . of course if they get used to using that as storage he may have to build another woodbox by the time Fall rolls around. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.