Custom Enameled BK Ashford

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to have a few extra pieces of wood laying around.;)

Look like it's about 7% less efficient according to the EPA numbers (CSA B415.1).
BeGreen...EPA has an error.. Look down the list at 30.1 firebox (newest)))) and you'll see 80.1% versus Princess 1006 at 81% Not much difference. We pointed out error to EPA and it's in process of being fixed.

Chris

Reactions: webby3650
BeGreen...EPA has an error.. Look down the list at 30.1 firebox (newest)))) and you'll see 80.1% versus Princess 1006 at 81% Not much difference. We pointed out error to EPA and it's in process of being fixed.

Chris
So I can just go ahead and burn my extra wood? Sweet!

Chris
What, the EPA made a mistake? Awesome news, thanks for that clarification Chris and kudos to BK for publishing testing specs and creating a burner that finally made webby3650 happy. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyman
I happen to have a few extra pieces of wood laying around.;)

FYI,
One of the biggest Blaze King Dealers in our area actually burns the BK stoves in their hardware store as their main heater. I have been there several times over the last couple years and saw them go from burning a Princess for a couple years to burning a Chinook 30 when it was introduced. Two of their employees that I have talked to told me that they experienced the Chinook as the better heater . And that it also gave them longer burn times than the princess.......both stoves were ran on the same stack.

For those who didn't know this , the Chinook 30 has the same firebox as the Sirocco 30 and the Ashford 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.