custom RECTANGULAR chimney liners -- who sells?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trx680

Sep 27, 2011
Petersburg Virginia
ok, might be upgrading to a better fitting liner.

My chimney measures 6" x just under 10". And 15' from top to bottom, plus will need a couple extra feet to get to the stove.

Will need a liner with enough area for a Buck 91 which has 8" flue.....so 50" of area

Any recommendations on where to buy?

Rockford Chimney Supply sells rectangular liners and there kits are 10% off right now.

Not sure if you'll be able to get a liner to fit that flue insulated and reach the 50 square inch Mark.

They have a conversion chart which will show you what liner equals what square inch Mark.

Just bought my liner kit last night from them. Great customer service.

Have a sweep look at it and see if the old liners can be removed. Rectangle liners are really expensive. You can probably get an 8" liner and pay to have the liners removed for the price of a rectangle liner. And if you do that you can insulate your liner like it should be

Sorry Wineaky, but avoid an oval liner at all cost. Impossible to clean right. As much as I argue with bholler, I would knock out the tiles before I would install an ovalized liner. And he is right that then it could be insulated.

The only upside with the rectangular liner is that the fireplace could be put back to a fireplace if you sell the place. Which is a consideration.

Having that same chimney, just a lot taller, is why the big Buck isn't sitting in my fireplace right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.