Cut 1.5 cords with new 090

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stihltheone

Nov 21, 2009
Wyoming
I took my new to me 090 out for a test drive today. I cut a 40" cottonwood arm that was bone dry, it made 1.5 cords, not a huge load, but worth the effort. What a horse the 090 is!! I would not want to pack it around very long or try to manipulate it much, but for 3' + wood it is way cool!

Pics please. :coolsmile: I wanna see that badass saw go to town on those behemoths.

40 inch cottonwood pretty easy there and you have a 660....Should have rip that sucker free hand just for fun.

I noodled it all on the spot with the 660. I have a non cat blaze king, king and also am feeding a home made boiler that will take a 18 x 22" log, so I do not split anything. I t goes quite fast, from log to loaded ready for the stove in under 2 hours, 1.5 cords.

Status
Not open for further replies.