cut and split a load..pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
cut and split a load this morning...mostly red oak...with a little locust mixed in and a fe pieces of cherry...plenty more of this to get...ill be going back..

E8C91705-1EAB-4859-8B8E-46383E1299E5-3458-000003F16A70D462.jpg

565930A7-3F9D-4791-B330-D6E7FD04F0D4-3458-000003F1886F2B9F.jpg

Still too warm for me to cut. I'll wait for December.

Nice load. What is that splitter on the tailgate? I like that.
looks like a speeco electric splitter. Not an expensive splitter if you split very close to an electric source.

Ah yes the wonderful red oak and black locust

yes its a task force 5 ton from lowes...got it last year...yep barn burner very handy ...it gets all the stuff 16 inches and smaller..made quick work of the red oak....had some hickory that was tough but it made it thru....

Nice load and work.

Next weekend i am going to process 2 hickory trees that need cut down they are a hazard now to property.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice work
Looks like it's still warm there.
34 here, snowing in the mountains.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
got up to 63 today i think..cold of the mornings and nights...down in low 30's

That is a nice load and one of the best flavor combinations going. Our stove is at it's happiest with a mouthful of red oak and black locust mixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.