Cut some trees and better get 'em out before the storm hits!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hi all! Spent that day in the woods at work. Dropped a mid-sized yellow birch, beech, and two red maples. Tough going - tight woods and trees getting hung up. Luckily, great guy at work grabbed the tractor and yanked 'em down for me. Spent the next several hours bucking, splitting (except the beech - the tree was real tough - it'll meet the hydraulics), and hauling load after load, with my kid's snow sled, to a spot where I can back the truck to. We are supposed to get 14" of snow, starting tomorrow night. Will be up bright and early to haul the wood to the house. Luckily, I live about 5 min from work - makes getting the wood not too much of a hassle. Looks like this is the only wood I'll get from this spot till spring - I think the trails to the woods will finally be snowed in. Will post a pic tomorrow (if I remember the camera!). Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
Hi all! Spent that day in the woods at work. Dropped a mid-sized yellow birch, beech, and two red maples. Tough going - tight woods and trees getting hung up. Luckily, great guy at work grabbed the tractor and yanked 'em down for me. Spent the next several hours bucking, splitting (except the beech - the tree was real tough - it'll meet the hydraulics), and hauling load after load, with my kid's snow sled, to a spot where I can back the truck to. We are supposed to get 14" of snow, starting tomorrow night. Will be up bright and early to haul the wood to the house. Luckily, I live about 5 min from work - makes getting the wood not too much of a hassle. Looks like this is the only wood I'll get from this spot till spring - I think the trails to the woods will finally be snowed in. Will post a pic tomorrow (if I remember the camera!). Cheers!

NH_Wood, I'll be looking for those pictures, nice job.

zap

Way to go. Sounds like you will be gettin another pounding. Been missing us so far. We got about 4 inches on the ground. Gotta get it when you can...............good luck.

Hey, you might as well get some snow. It is not falling here. Well, they do predict 1-2" for tomorrow night. Wow! Maybe we should stock up on groceries...

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey, you might as well get some snow. It is not falling here. Well, they do predict 1-2" for tomorrow night. Wow! Maybe we should stock up on groceries...

:lol: That's about what they're acting like! The local news channels are dying for some snow! I'm ok if we don't get another flake the rest of the winter.

Hey rdust, you've got more than we have. I hope you have lots of groceries on hand! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.