Cut some wood today (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
Cut a couple of loads today. Some Oak, Hickory, Ash, and Walnut. Storm is coming Christmas!

Attachments

• wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 811
  • wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 810
tfdchief said:
Cut a couple of loads today. Some Oak, Hickory, Ash, and Walnut. Storm is coming Christmas!

Nice days work, how much snow are you getting?

zap

zapny said:
tfdchief said:

Nice days work, how much snow are you getting?

zap
Well, they are not saying yet. Nat. Weather Service Bulliten....."A major winter storm will develop across the Southern Plains
Wednesday night...and is expected to move northeast into central
Illinois by late on Christmas eve." Let er come, I'm ready!

tfdchief, nice wood haul. Now as for that storm, we are hoping you get it...and it misses us. We have enough.

What I don't like about the coming storm is that some rain is forecast too; that means icy. But, it is still too early for them to be certain who gets what where. I remember pushing snow last year about Christmas time and it was a lot of stuff to push too.

Backwoods Savage said:
tfdchief, nice wood haul. Now as for that storm, we are hoping you get it...and it misses us. We have enough.

What I don't like about the coming storm is that some rain is forecast too; that means icy. But, it is still too early for them to be certain who gets what where. I remember pushing snow last year about Christmas time and it was a lot of stuff to push too.
Well, I wouldn't put the snow shovel away, 'cause this morning they are talking more rain for us :-S and snow for you. I would rather have the snow!

What the HECK! I got piles of that white stuff all over. Its white everywhere. You still got green?? That ain't right. >:-(

We are still green! Well, some flurries, so a little skift of snow on the ground. :coolsmile: I go North to Hoffman Estates every so often for code classes. Either of you close to there or my route to Hoffman Estates? I take Rt 47 all the way to I-90.

tfdchief said:
We are still green! Well, some flurries, so a little skift of snow on the ground. :coolsmile: I go North to Hoffman Estates every so often for code classes. Either of you close to there or my route to Hoffman Estates? I take Rt 47 all the way to I-90.

You talking Hoffman Estates in Rockford??

Jags said:
tfdchief said:

, No, Hoffman Estates, suburb west of Chicago.

tfdchief said:
Jags said:
tfdchief said:

, No, Hoffman Estates, suburb west of Chicago.

I would be about 90 miles west and a few north of that.

I didn't cut any wood today but I finally got a path dug out to the woodpile.

BrotherBart said:
I didn't cut any wood today but I finally got a path dug out to the woodpile.

lol yep the battle changes to dry wood....got my chains on and need to add the weights

Jamess67 said:
countrybois said:
tfdchief said:
countrybois said:
Where are you at in IL?
Just South about 30 minutes from Champaign, home of the University of Illinois, on I-57

Ok, I'm about 65 miles north of Champaign
Im an hour and a half northwest of Champaign.
I have relation in that area. Do you have snow yet? Looks like we are going to get all rain now. :-S Rather have the snow. By the way. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE. Hope you all get what you wanted. My wife just gave me an early present.....Stihl chain saw chaps and head gear! She loves me!

tfdchief said:
Jamess67 said:
countrybois said:
tfdchief said:
countrybois said:
Where are you at in IL?
Just South about 30 minutes from Champaign, home of the University of Illinois, on I-57

Ok, I'm about 65 miles north of Champaign
Im an hour and a half northwest of Champaign.
I have relation in that area. Do you have snow yet? Looks like we are going to get all rain now. :-S Rather have the snow. By the way. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE. Hope you all get what you wanted. My wife just gave me an early present.....Stihl chain saw chaps and head gear! She loves me!

If your refering to my location... there is a couple inches on the ground for now. Expecting raln for 2 days. I WANT SNOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.