Cut this easter weekend.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
easter cuttin 001.jpgeaster cuttin 002.jpg Cut this saturday 8.5 hours,had to cut,and haul out of woods in atv,then unload in truck,then unload ,and start over,99% locust with 1 small cherry . The pile is 18 feet long and about 4 feet high ,and about 6 feet wide. Plenty more where that came from my plan is a load a week for awhile anyway.

Reactions: smokinj and zap
That looks more fun than what I was cutting- cut down 4-5 box elders on Easter weekend.
My goal is not so much firewood but to exterminate them from the wood lot.

Cut more yesterday in some fairly gusty winds... I was working under a triple trunk box elder and started to get nervous about the amount the tree was moving at the base... fixed it though- it's now laying in 18" length rounds on the ground ;-)

The only redeaming factor is now I can get to a couple Mulberrys.

Two of my favorite woods right there. Nice haul! :cool: Some of that BL looks pretty dry...

Nice haul. Split it soon and the Black Locust will be ready for next season. The Cherry should be ready too. Both will burn nicely. I'd keep making hauls like that until I had no more room if i could.

ohlongarm, nice job on the wood. Like Woody Stover said it looks dry.

zap

Two of my favorite woods right there. Nice haul! :cool: Some of that BL looks pretty dry...
Most has been standing dead and hard as a rock,does a number on chains. I don't cut standing trees,but my friend who used to be a professional tree cutter did cut 7 dead trees for me,and will cut more this weekend. There's enough fallen stuff to keep me busy all summer.Incidentally my friend gets 50% of everything we cut together works well for me. Love that locust!

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
That looks more fun than what I was cutting- cut down 4-5 box elders on Easter weekend.
My goal is not so much firewood but to exterminate them from the wood lot.

Cut more yesterday in some fairly gusty winds... I was working under a triple trunk box elder and started to get nervous about the amount the tree was moving at the base... fixed it though- it's now laying in 18" length rounds on the ground ;-)

The only redeaming factor is now I can get to a couple Mulberrys.
I hear ya nothing comes easy,but getting to that mulberry is where the payoff is.Definitely gotta watch yourself when dropping trees,not for me.

I'd keep making hauls like that until I had no more room if i could.
Some of that BL can be a bit stinky under the bark...might offend your neighbors. >>
my friend who used to be a professional tree cutter did cut 7 dead trees for me,and will cut more this weekend....Definitely gotta watch yourself when dropping trees,not for me.
Watch your buddy and ask questions, you'll learn a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.