Cut up pallets in CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRambler

Feeling the Heat
Jul 29, 2014
CT
Anyone know of any places in CT that offer free cut up pallets. Preferably in hartford area , or nw ct. I know there are lots of free pallets but trying to see if i can find a source of cut up ones. If not free then moderately priced works too.

I doubt that anyone is gonna go through with the hassle of cutting up pallets to give away for free. They are a fair bit of work to get busted up. Just one dudes opinion.

Reactions: BillLion
There are free but not free and cut up. Get a cheap chainsaw and cut the free pallets yourself.

Cheapo Harbor Freight Electric Chain Saw works like a dream (even on the nails :)) - just try and avoid the Oak Pallets.

Here is a tip for you 120 school rd in Cheshire there is a pallet and custom boxes company they sell a block fire wood. I cannot remember exact price but they were relatively cheap. Also there is a pellet place in New Britain on John Downey Dr. They also sell block fire wood which is a leftovers from lumber they use to make pallets.

Last edited:
craigs list there are tons......a pry bar is just ans easy as a chainsaw.

Do you guys remove the nails when you burn pallets or just clean them out in with the ashes?
Too much work for me to remove nails. I sift the cold ashes and have a big bucket of burnt nails......

Status
Not open for further replies.