Cutting on Hold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Until I get the Cherry from last weekenk stacked which should be done by noon on Saturday 11-20-2010.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1935.jpg
    100_1935.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 222
Good thing too zap with the weather forecast they keep giving.

Backwoods Savage said:
Good thing too zap with the weather forecast they keep giving.

Yes Sav, plus Sunday I will finish up what is left of the cherry tree on my neighbors property.

zap

Zap, did the neighbor end up taking any of that cherry?

Pagey said:
"The Machine" (TM) takes a 43 second break! Film at 11:00!

You have me laughing Pagey, is it finally cooling off your way.

zap

Actually, it's that time of year where it's "convenient" - one morning fire and one evening fire pretty much keep the electric heat pump off. It does, however, consume the Super Cedars. We've had such mild weather this fall, but we're due for a 20F drop on Thanksgiving day. We are predicted to have a milder than average winter, which would be kind to the wood pile. We'll see if that forecast holds.

I plan to spend some time in the barn tomorrow, regardless. I have some gorgeous red oak rounds to split. Dad told me tonight that he has about a dozen beetle-kill pines he's felling and bucking in the coming days, so let the "chimney fires" roll, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.