Cutting with the old American iron

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2broke2ride

Burning Hunk
Dec 23, 2014
Townsend MA
Just in case anyone was interested in seeing an old American metal saw doing what it does
Mac 10-10 52cc with a 16" bar and 3/8 semi chisel cutting red oak and birch

No chain brake or trigger safety
(Wear your PPE kids)

9c36f7d513da8b5a2a0c5a69bd3753a8.jpg
Did it all with the old Mac

It is interesting to see how well those saws hold their own compared to modern saws of similar displacement. I have owned a few of those over the years and was consistently impressed, though the lack of A/V and safety features meant I only used them as occasional, fun saws.

Nice to see the old thing still doing what it was meant to do, though!

Reactions: 2broke2ride
Just in case anyone was interested in seeing an old American metal saw doing what it does
Mac 10-10 52cc with a 16" bar and 3/8 semi chisel cutting red oak and birch

No chain brake or trigger safety
(Wear your PPE kids)

I cut out of a pile of logs like that for about 10 yrs. with my 1-10 Mac. (The ancestor of the 10-10). They're a great old saw and can still get er done!

Status
Not open for further replies.