Dad's Helper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HisTreeNut

Minister of Fire
Nov 3, 2014
Burnsville, NC
Had a little "help" splitting some residual wood the other day.
The little tyke wanted to use a "hammer" like Dad. Got him a hammer, some bark, and log to split on. Has good form for a little guy... :)
WP_20160417_17_48_00_Pro.jpg WP_20160417_17_50_06_Pro.jpg
My only question is do they make Mickey Mouse work gloves in my size?

Last edited:
How many cords did he get through?

Reactions: HisTreeNut
Awesome....building memories:cool:

How many cords did he get through?

I will have to check the forum for the exact measurement, but as opposed to a full cord or face cord, I believe it was one cute "kid cord."

:) ;) :cool: :cool: ;) :)

That is how you make future wood cutters and wood burners. I have great memories of time spent with my father doing that. My little girl loves helping me swing the hatchet giggles the whole time. Stuff you never forget, awesome times enjoy!

Had a little "help" splitting some residual wood the other day.
The little tyke wanted to use a "hammer" like Dad. Got him a hammer, some bark, and log to split on. Has good form for a little guy... :)
Cute.
My question is... Why do YOU use a HAMMER to split your firewood??;lol;lol;)

steel toe boots and some safety glasses. Preach safety when they're young!
Nice to see you getting some help though!!

If they see you wearing PPE they will want to wear it too just to be like Daddy! Don't even have to tell them it's for safety!

Yeah..he is all boy and fearless...only child we have had to truly parent all the time because he is fearless.
Cute as a button. That being said & wouldn't trade him for all the wood in the world.

If they see you wearing PPE they will want to wear it too just to be like Daddy! Don't even have to tell them it's for safety!
so true. my son won't go anywhere near a tool without his helmet and ear protection. The other day he put his hat on to color on his easel because he said he was doing a "project". He also won't let me pick up the chainsaw without my "chainsaw pants" on.

The cutest thing is a 2yr old trying to get eye protection to stay on! Their head is too small and so is their nose doesn't stick out far enough either!

Always nice to have help.

My 3 yr old boy loves helping daddy. I can't leave the house without my half sized shadow. Always wanted to help me load the boiler with "sticks". I love him to death and wouldn't trade him for the world.

He got a good looking move. In line straight overhead. He going to hit what he's aiming at. I think he's been watching you.

He got a good looking move. In line straight overhead. He going to hit what he's aiming at. I think he's been watching you.
He watches his Dad...sometimes too much. :) :p
He likes to get sticks too for me when I build a fire. He gets stuff out my drawer when I get ready for work like my "odorant" & "face wotion." My little helper & my little shadow. Love the little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.