dads stove needs work please help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrendfrey

Jan 15, 2012
green mtns vt
hey guys this is my first time posting in the pellet room i dont have any pellet stoves but my dad has two englanders. now here the? i went over to his place today to clean and start his stove for him he was away stove started fine but once the blower kicked on i knew something wasnt right. i turned it up to 9 and it was barely moving air. i remember 9 used to blow hard enough to cool the stove down now isnt the case. i want to go back over this weekend and fix this for him can anyone give me a suggestion should i take the fan off and check things out ? is there a filter somewhere? any help would be great as this is his only source of heat. thanks guys

No filter.

Make sure it ain't plugged with pet hair or dust bunnies.

Also could oil the motor if possible.

yep. what smoke show said.
i'm sure more folks will join in this thread. but also look at the "sticky" threads at the top of this forum when you first click in.
good info there.
troubleshooting etc...
good luck.

What model Englander?

I agree with Smoke Shows post also. Sounds like the convection blower needs cleaned. Probably all of them. If they haven't been serviced? An air compressor and a blow nozzle will make short work of the job and then a little oil put into the oil ports or if no ports, then put onto the bearings themselves.

Also, cleaning the entire stove may be a good idea. Depending on when it was done last. This would include removing the combustion blower and cleaning the impeller blades and cleaning the path from where the blower goes, back up into the stove body. This area is a good ash trap and should be cleaned frequently (25-pdvc, 25-pdv). Having a combustion blower gasket on hand will be necessary. The original will probably be wasted when you remove the exhaust blower.

What does his regular cleaning schedule consist of? How old are the stoves?

Status
Not open for further replies.