Damn its nasty outside...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amaralluis,

Did you get the nasty "BLIZZARD" ?

Where are you located?

The snow has seemed to have stopped in South Central Maine, but the wind she still HOWLS at times.

regards,

Ranger

Snow stopped here at about 10:00 AM. I went and did all the blowing and shoveling. Can't even tell I did it. Not doing anything else till this dang wind stops!

Snow stopped around noon. Been out twice snowblowing.

Its great coming in and putting the wet clothes by the stove to dry
out quickly.

Blizzard - lousy
Wind - strong & gusting
Heat - cranking out of pellet stove ! Those Barefoots are hot !

well I love it we got about 15+

Can't wait to start the sleds and do some riding!

stay warm you old farts! look at it this way the days are getting longer.

Amaralluis said:
and I havent started the Accentra yet.
So much for being a pellet pig!... LOL

Get with the program!

Yep sure is nasty out there. That' why I sent my 14 yr old daughter out to get the mail. lol.

We haven't even done the snow blowing etc yet. As it's still snowing here. We live up on a mountain so that's probably why.

The one GOOD thing about the wind blowing is that, the wind blew almost all of the snow off of the DRIVEWAY!!!!!!! yesssssssssssss

Hard tell to tell how much snow we got, but I'd probably say about 15" or so.

22" to 24" of snow. 19 degrees with a wind chill of 4 degrees. Cranked up the pellet stove a bit. We were hovering at 66 degrees inside with all that wind. Now it's 69 and it feels much better. Still haven't tried the propane furnace. I don't even know if it works.

22" to 24" of snow. 19 degrees with a wind chill of 4 degrees. Cranked up the pellet stove a bit. We were hovering at 66 degrees inside with all that wind. Now it's 69 and it feels much better. Still haven't tried the propane furnace. I don't even know if it works.

NHMOM said:

Yep sure is nasty out there. That' why I sent my 14 yr old daughter out to get the mail. lol.

We haven't even done the snow blowing etc yet. As it's still snowing here. We live up on a mountain so that's probably why.

The one GOOD thing about the wind blowing is that, the wind blew almost all of the snow off of the DRIVEWAY!!!!!!! yesssssssssssss

Hard tell to tell how much snow we got, but I'd probably say about 15" or so.

Same here in southern nh (Sandown). Front half of the driveway had bare spots from the wind, but within 5 feet away had 20" drifts. Didn't take too long to snowblow considering all the fuss. Still windy here right now though, but I imagine much worse on the mountains... do you have near constant winds?

With all the wind today I didn't even go out side. I will clean the driveway and sidewalks tomorrow after the wind stops.

The wife decided that today was a good day to go to work so I had to go this morning and snowblow the driveway and I just came inside from doing it again.
It was like I didnt do anything this morning.
The wind is the worst it just blows everything back...

My daughter and her family came over and dug us out. Very grateful for their help. The wind is still blowing so bad, you would think we were having a hurricane. Did manage to put the bird feeder back up. (wind had taken it down) Can't understand how all those little birds survive.
Glad we have no need to go anywhere until the weather calms down.

hi mpcm,

To answer your question If we have constant wind, ummmmmmm YES!!!!! 365 days a year 24/7....lol. Course in the summer we love the wind. 9 times out of 10 the wind is so bad that it sounds like a freight train . Even though we have close to a 4 year old modular that is air tight, insulated to the max, there's an open field on the north side of our land so that makes the wind so much worse.

About 15" or so here. Wind was cranking hard with
occasional gusts from 50 - 70 mph. The sno-slayer (my Jeep) and I were out
plowing driveways Sunday night and again yesterday running
on 2 hours sleep. Today have to clean the stove and fire it back up.
Had it shut off since Sat night as I was too busy for a couple of days to
deal with it and it needs a cleaning.

Attachments

• snoslayer.jpg
    snoslayer.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 188
You think you have problems with the weather!!!

My chickens are walking a picket line they don't understand why their Rooster doesn't turn up the heat and clean the snow out of their yard so they can find some scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.