damn this nice weather!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
Hasn't broke 55 in overnight here for the last 7 days. I'm ready to burn!

I have the windows open and it is 80 degrees in the house. I took the air conditioners down a week ago. :confused:

You could always relocate. I drove through at least 6" of crap this morning on the way to work. Last night, I-70 was closed for about 3-5 hrs due to snow, ice, and accidents.

Yeah I have an insane in-law couple that just moved from San Antonio, Texas, lived in Texas all their lives, to just north of Colorado Springs last month. Boy are they in for a surprise. At 86 years of age. <>

Saw that snow on the news, OMG !!!

60F here tonight, gonna be a while before I light the PE again.

Reactions: OldLumberKid
Took the ACs out today.

Still have not finished rebuilding the stove.

The cold will come.

Saw that snow on the news, OMG !!!

Remember Spring was pretty cool there for a while and peeps were burning well into it.
The cold weather will come soon enough. The ocean water here last week (cuz I wuz in it, surfing) seemed colder than normal for Sept.
But seems to have warmed up again at the 20 mile buoy -- water temp there is now 67.5 °F

Cold will be here soon enough , I love this

Reactions: Gark
Bless this nice weather is what I say when we have great weekend weather in October. It will be cold soon enough. Enjoy the sunshine if you've got it. I know it did this weekend. The wood stove can wait for another week or two.

For sure you should enjoy the nice weather while it is here. Soon enough the cold winds will be blowing.

We fired up some food in the oven last night and got the house back up to 67. Now we're back into some warmer temps for at least a week. :) I'm in no rush to start eating into my wood stash just yet....

been using the past three mornings to burn some smaller dry limbs. gets the busy morning area of the house up to 72 in no time. i have plenty of kindling otherwise.

i'm not in a hurry to get cold. my shed needs a roof and the stove needs a little work. then it'll get cold and i say WHERE'S SPRING

Not quite so nice any more ... it says 49 F here but it feels like 41 degrees

Mrs. seems to like it like that though.

Not quite so nice any more ... it says 49 F here but it feels like 41 degrees

Mrs. seems to like it like that though.

34 F overnight low, now 45 raw rain. when i left this morning house was 73 F - all wood heat baby!

where is Sandyland anyway?

In the 60s today. We have had yo-you weather for over a year. Warm one day, freezing the next. Lots of rain.

In the 60s today. We have had yo-you weather for over a year. Warm one day, freezing the next. Lots of rain.

We are in a long dry spell, finally some rain today. Top soil is literally turning to dust.

We have been in a cold wet windy spell since mid September. Now since the temps have been going below freezing instead of getting rain we are getting snow. I wish it would warm up here and stay there at least until mid-December. Started burning 24-7 about 2 weeks ago I am not ready for it yet.

34 F overnight low, now 45 raw rain. when i left this morning house was 73 F - all wood heat baby!

where is Sandyland anyway?

You can keep the rain. Well actually the garden and the flowers — Montauk Daisies in major bloom right now — need it.

And there's yer clue. Sandyland ... Lawnguyland ... it's sandy, and it got hit by Hurricane Sandy, and that was the source of most of my scrounge.

Still nothing here. I did finish the stove and do two break in burns but that was it, ther than using the fireplace once while watching the Sox.

Next few days we have mid 60s day/50s night, then it takes a big dip to the 40s/20s a couple days then supposedly back up to the 60s.

At this rate I probably wont get into a burn rythm till Thanksgiving time. Typical here and OK with me since I dont have enough wood to go straight through from Oct-Apr anyway (nor the need with NG so cheap)

Warm is fine with me. It got cold too early last year and ate a half cord of this years stash.

I'm surprised you haven't been colder up there, Jeremy. We've been seeing lows in the 30's every night for the last week, with highs 45 - 55F. I've been burning overnight loads every day, and even a couple of morning loads.

A warm front hit us yesterday, tho, and we'll be seeing highs upper 60's (maybe even 70) the next two days.

Warm is fine with me. It got cold too early last year and ate a half cord of this years stash.
Also, spring took forever. I don't think I recall such a cool April/May... and even June.

Oh we did have overnight lows dip into the 30s in the last week but now it warmend up again. Daytime highs were still in the 50s/60s though so not worth lighting up for me. Since I have the cheap NG I save the wood for days that are low 40s or below.

Im about 15mi from the Ocean as the crow flies so I think that moderates my temp a bit relative to W mass.

You can keep the rain. Well actually the garden and the flowers — Montauk Daisies in major bloom right now — need it.

And there's yer clue. Sandyland ... Lawnguyland ... it's sandy, and it got hit by Hurricane Sandy, and that was the source of most of my scrounge.

oh, got it.

Oh we did have overnight lows dip into the 30s in the last week but now it warmend up again. Daytime highs were still in the 50s/60s though so not worth lighting up for me. Since I have the cheap NG I save the wood for days that are low 40s or below.

Im about 15mi from the Ocean as the crow flies so I think that moderates my temp a bit relative to W mass.

i'm right down the road east from you, in Cohasset, if i go on my roof i can see the ocean. been to W mass and it does seem colder there, maybe the humidity difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.