Damper arm for VC WinterWarm Large

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saichele

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
The cast iron arm that actuates the damper (VC part number 1301282) at the back of the firebox snapped last night after about 7 years, so no cat for the moment. Of course we're in our first bout of near-0 temps...

I found the number for the part and will make some calls to local shops this morning - if/when they don't have it, I'll move on to mailorder.

What I'm trying to figure out is how it connects to the back of the damper plate, and if it's possible to replace without pulling the whole insert out for access from the top. Anyone have any experience with this, or suggestions on who to contact? I suspect the odds of a local shop having this part are less than 1 in 10, so I'd be happy to pay a few bucks more on mailorder if someone could talk me through the repair.

Thanks
Steve

The cast iron arm that actuates the damper (VC part number 1301282) at the back of the firebox snapped last night after about 7 years, so no cat for the moment. Of course we're in our first bout of near-0 temps...

I found the number for the part and will make some calls to local shops this morning - if/when they don't have it, I'll move on to mailorder.

What I'm trying to figure out is how it connects to the back of the damper plate, and if it's possible to replace without pulling the whole insert out for access from the top. Anyone have any experience with this, or suggestions on who to contact? I suspect the odds of a local shop having this part are less than 1 in 10, so I'd be happy to pay a few bucks more on mailorder if someone could talk me through the repair.

Thanks
Steve

Steve. Hi
Did you ever figure out how to fix your damper? I know it's been a long time . My damper is getting stuck on pin. I have filed down twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.