damper confusion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay b

Nov 11, 2008
south carolina
i have a black bart from 1980 made in new england, mass, i think. how do i use the damper and blower to keep coals burning all night. i normally close the damper 1/2 way and have the blower 1/2 way, no coals in the morning. please help.

From 1980... coals burning all night....? Is that even possible? I heard of people having to get up 2-3 times during the night to reload those old stoves.

Is the stove sealed up tight (door gasket)?

jtp10181 said:
From 1980... coals burning all night....? Is that even possible? I heard of people having to get up 2-3 times during the night to reload those old stoves.

I think my old Buck is about that old and if I load it properly, I have plenty of big hot coals in the morning. All I need to do is throw more wood in, no restart.
Some of the things I've learned on this forum have helped to make it possible though.
My wife usually complains in the morning that it's to hot in the house in the morning, when I burn through the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.