Damper control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vrjolin

Jan 27, 2006
I have a Whitfield Profile 20 I bought in 2002. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to open the damper. The only material I can get is for the Profile 20 FS 2, which shows a damper handle that can be manipulated using an allen wrench. My damper is locked down and there doesn't seem to be a way to move it. Anyone help me out here?

There is no collar on this knob. The damper control is inside the left hand panel. The knob is screwed into a bent peice of metal mounted against the back fire wall. I cannot get this thing to move.

i havent looked at a profile in some time. my next guess is that ash is jamming the shutter in the stove. There used to be a collar on them to lock them in the correct position. But it should move freeley.

Status
Not open for further replies.